Submission Deadline: 2 weeks before the early registration deadline
We seek student and non-student volunteers for the 2021 Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL 2021). In exchange for one full day equivalent of work, student volunteers receive free registration to the main conference (including workshops and tutorials) and ACL membership for one year. Non-student volunteers receive free registration to the main conference (including workshops and tutorials). We encourage undergraduate students as volunteers, as well as PhD and MSc students.
As NAACL 2021 will be virtual, volunteer tasks will be different from previous years. We are seeking volunteers to help us in the following tasks. Please note in your application if you have a preference as to which role you are interested in.
- Program Support to help check author presentations are uploaded and paper information is correct (before the conference)
- Program Support to help set up gather.town spaces for social/networking events (before the conference)
- Technical Support with the virtual conference infrastructure; troubleshoot technical issues during the conference
- Helpdesk monitor on-call channels before or during the conference, including incident management
- Program Support to facilitate video presentations and virtual rooms during the conference, including live Q&A sessions and DEI events (birds-of-a-feather, mentoring)
- Sponsor Liaison point of contact to support a sponsor’s conference presence
- Workshop point of contact to coordinate a workshop’s virtual infrastructure needs
Volunteers are needed during the tutorials, main conference and workshops, as well as up to three weeks prior to the conference and a short time thereafter. Please consider applying if you are available at any time in this window. As we will receive most of the presentations prior to the conference, a large portion of the tasks will be done in advance, maximizing volunteer access to the conference events.
NAACL is eager to increase its diversity and is committed to being inclusive of all underrepresented groups in NLP. For this reason, it greatly encourages members of these groups to apply. The information that you provide will be processed by the NAACL 2021 organisation team for the sole purpose of volunteer selection and for gathering information about Diversity and Inclusion in our community.
Applicants for the Volunteer/scholarship Program will be evaluated based on the material they submit in their application packages. (See below for the submission requirements.)
Preference will be given to applicants who are presenting a paper in the main conference, the Student Research Workshop, or any of the workshops associated with NAACL, who do not have other means of support.
Applicants for the Volunteer/scholarship Program should fill the application form at:
Application deadline: 2 weeks before the early registration deadline
Notification of acceptance: 1 week before the early registration deadline
We aim to send all notifications by the deadline above. However, we will start processing the applications as they come and you may be contacted earlier than that.
Volunteers Chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org)