As part of the virtual NAACL 2021, we would like to call for expressions of interest for D&I Sessions.
D&I Sessions could be panels, presentations or sessions regarding the following:
- Current state of Inclusivity during conferences
- Future steps that could be considered to increase Diversity, Inclusion and Equality
- Panels on discussing and understanding Intersectionality
- Presentations on how to create constructive feedback loops to account for evolving needs
- Any other relevant sessions
We expect D&I Sessions to help create a constructive environment for addressing concerns relating to current Diversity and Inclusion practices, and to help promote the importance of spreading awareness as well as making progress to understand and address special needs. The proposed D&I Sessions will decide on the content, timing and length of sessions themselves. NAACL 2021 will promote the sessions on the conference website, virtual conference platform and social media and, if desired, create virtual conference rooms and promote links to these.
To express interest in organising a D&I Session, please fill in the following form by May 15.
D&I Sessions have to abide by ACL’s code of conduct: https://www.aclweb.org/portal/content/acl-code-ethics
Requests for D&I Sessions which are in conflict with the above, or not in line with the goals for promoting Diversity and Inclusion, will be rejected.
The D&I Sessions can be conducted via:
- Public Zoom calls: NAACL can provide you zoom rooms
- NAACL’s Gather town: NAACL can help set this up
- Panel webinars: Any format conducive to the session could be set up, and NAACL can help
The timings of the session will be determined by the organizers, but would need to follow NAACL’s overall program.
Informal enquiries can be made to: firstname.lastname@example.org.